Have you lived in the Northern Territory for at least 6 months?
Have you worked in your nominated skilled occupation or related field for at least 6 months?
If YES, you may be eligible to apply for Australia’s NT Government nomination,
However, the requirements may vary for different Visa subclasses.
Skilled Graduate (Subclass 485)
If you are a visa holder (subclass 485) who have graduated or completed at least 2 years (full-time study) at NT’s college or university, you must provide:
- A written statement showing your genuine intention to live and work in NT
- 6 months bank statement evidence of living in NT
If you have NOT graduated or completed at least 2 years of formal studies at NT’s college or university, you may still be eligible if you have:
- lived in NT for at least six months
- worked full time and been paid in the nominated skilled occupation or a closely related field for six months in NT
- Shown your commitment to living and work in NT for at least two years after your visa is granted.
In general, these graduates may only be considered for visa Subclass 489 (up to 4 years stay in Australia) leading to Subclass 887 visa (permanent) afterward. However, the Government may consider you for Subclass 190 nomination if you can prove your long-term commitment to NT (residential and commercial property, personal property, etc.)
Working Holiday (Subclass 417) and Work and Holiday (Subclass 462)
If you are interested to receive a nomination for any of these visas you need to:
- Have your visa granted and lived in NT for at least 6 months
- Have worked full time and been paid in NT in the nominated skilled occupation or a closely related skilled occupation in NT for at least six months
- Prove ongoing employment in NT
- Show your commitment to NT.
Temporary Work (Skilled) (Subclass 457) visa and Temporary Skill Shortage visa (Subclass 482)
To get the nomination from the NT Government, you must meet the following criteria:
- Have lived in NT for at least 6 months
- Have worked for subclass 457 or 482 sponsoring business for at least 6 months before applying
- The business also needs to provide the written evidence that they can support the worker and their application.
- If you can’t apply for TSS Subclass 482, you may be sponsored under the Northern Territory Designated Area Migration Agreement NT DAMA
Training visa (Subclass 407)
This visa allows you to visit Australia to complete a workplace-based training or a professional development training program
There are three major types of training:
- Workplace-based training required for registration
- Structured workplace-based training to enhance skills in an eligible occupation
- Training that promotes capacity building overseas.
To discuss in detail with our migration agent, contact NOW