Horticulture is an applied science. Horticulturists work with plants, design landscapes, plan plant management, and some special events. They collect plant data, examine soil health and nutrition, select plants for commercial and residential landscapes, and advise farmers about sound fertilization and pest control practices. There is one nationally recognised qualification that will make your career in horticulture. That is – Cert 3 Horticulture. Course code – AHC30716. In Cert 3 Horticulture (AHC30716) package, there are 16 units in total. Of them, five units are core, and 11 units are elective. A certificate in horticulture opens up many opportunities for jobs with good salaries. You can also get this qualification through TAFE or via Educube Pty Ltd.
Horticulture is an applied science. Nowadays, horticulturists can play a role in production and marketing. Cert 3 Horticulture shows us how to improve human and animal life. It encourages us to follow a healthy lifestyle. To be skilled, some candidates prefer horticulture courses in Brisbane, horticulture courses in Sydney, or horticulture courses Perth in, Australia. Some amazing Cert 3 horticulture job opportunities come from studying Certificate 3 in Horticulture. Cert 3 Horticulture enables you to work in the management, nursery, and agriculture management sector. You can also become a horticulture assistant by doing a course Certificate III in Horticulture. Some beginners tend to start their career with Certificate III in Horticulture.
Some States want a licence or certificate if you want to pursue horticulture. So you need to understand the requirements your state expects you to fulfill. The Certified Professional Horticulturist (CPH) offers a certificate to horticulturists. The American Society for Horticultural Science also provides a certificate for the entry-level or recent graduate horticulturist. Educube can help you efficiently as it has years of experience.
Where can I study Horticulture in Australia?
Some institutions offer Cert 3 horticulture course in Australia. They are-
- TAFE Queensland – They offer Cert III in Horticulture TAFE course in Queensland. Some offer horticulture courses in Perth in Australia as well. Many interested candidates get cert 3 horticulture online QLD from anywhere in the world.
- TAFE Western Australia
- The University of Adelaide – Many interested candidates get cert 3 horticulture Adelaide done in Australia. You can also become a horticulture assistant by doing course Certificate II in Horticulture.
- TAFE NSW Institutes etc.
Cert 3 Horticulture Jobs
Some excellent Cert 3 horticulture job opportunities come from studying Certificate 3 in Horticulture. By doing Cert 3 Horticulture, you can be –
- Plant pathologist
- Horticultural technician
- Consultant in horticulture
- Landscape designer and writer
- Plant care worker
Benefits of Cert 3 Horticulture
- Cert 3 Horticulture enables you to work in the management, nursery, and agriculture management sector.
- Horticulture is an applied science. Nowadays, horticulturists can play a role in production and marketing.
- Cert 3 Horticulture shows us how to improve human and animal life. It encourages us to follow a healthy lifestyle.
- You can work in an outdoor environment.
- There are fewer death/injury risks than in other professions
- Being stress-free, you will be working for the benefit of the environment.
Horticulture apprentices treat weeds and pests of plants. They know how to use horticulture machinery, install and maintain drainage and irrigation systems, etc. In Cert 3 horticulture course, an apprentice can identify plants and work on landscape designs. It improves physical and psychological benefits as it is a remarkable process of transforming a not used land into an attractive one. Cert 3 Horticulture course will allow you to build benches for sitting, easy pathways, waterfall, etc. You can also become a horticulture assistant by doing a course Certificate II in Horticulture. Some beginners tend to start their career with Certificate II in Horticulture (AHC20416)
How much does a horticulturist make in Australia?
The salary range of a horticulturist in Australia starts from $58500 to $75000 per year based on skills and experience level.
Is Horticulture a Good Career?
Horticulture can be a rewarding and life-changing career. Many people dream of leading an outdoor lifestyle in the natural environment. For them, Horticulture is a perfect job. However, some say it’s a demanding profession because you must take a lot of training and internships and be physically strong. To be skilled, some candidates prefer horticulture courses in Brisbane or horticulture courses in Sydney.
Difference between Horticulture and Gardening
Horticulture and gardening terms are used in different ways. Though they are related to the cultivation of plants, their usage is different. Gardening is normally considered a hobby when people work in their own garden. In horticulture, professionals make they’re living out of their work. That is their profession.
How can I start a career in Horticulture?
- Get your Bachelor’s Degree: To start your career in horticulture, you must need at least a bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, biology, botany, or any other related field. During your bachelor’s life, you will get enough idea about ecology, environmental science, agricultural science, soil science, and organic chemistry. Cert 3 Horticulture will boost your career in Horticulture.
- Complete your internship: The internship is a part of a bachelor’s program. The internship allows you to apply your skills and knowledge professionally. For example, you can do your internships in some landscaping companies, plant nurseries, etc. In this way, you will get your practical experience through working.
- Work experience: Besides internships, you can also work in any company as an entry-level employee. In this process, you will get your professional experience, and then you can apply this experience in other fields.
- Certificate: Some States want a licence or certificate if you want to pursue horticulture. So you need to understand the requirements your state expects you to fulfill. The Certified Professional Horticulturist (CPH) offers a certificate for horticulturists. The American Society for Horticultural Science also provides a certificate for the entry-level or recent graduate horticulturist. Educube can help you efficiently as it has years of experience.
- Master’s Degree: It’s not mandatory to have a master’s degree if you want to pursue your career in horticulture, but it will be good for your career to have a master’s degree. For the advancement of a career, a Master’s degree is a must. In this degree, you will learn about the complex applications of plant and soil science, plant genetics, food production, etc.
Necessary Skills to be in Horticulture
- Knowledge of science, technology, and innovation
- Interpersonal skills and critical thinking
- Computer skills
- Technical and analytical skills
- Financial knowledge and planning skills
- Project management and problem-solving ability
- Working under pressure and organizing.
Difference between agriculture and horticulture
Horticulture is a part of agriculture. Agriculture deals with all types of crops, cultivation, and animal farming. On the contrary, Horticulture only deals with gardening plants professionally.
Certificate 3 in Horticulture
Certificate 3 in horticulture (AHC30716) is our nationally recognised qualification to become a horticulturist in Australia. You can get Certificate III in Horticulture course while being in an internship. Cert III Horticulture has 16 units in total. 5 core units and 11 elective units. To be a part of a plant nursery or landscape services, you need at least 2 to 4 years of a college degree.
Structural Landscaping and Horticulture
No formal requirements are needed to be a landscaper. If you have experience and knowledge in the horticulture sector, then it will add an extra point to your professional career. You can also get this qualification through TAFE horticulture CERT 3 course. Horticulture apprenticeship takes 2 years to complete. By the end of horticulture apprenticeship training, you become a qualified structural landscaper with horticultural knowledge alongside experienced horticulturists with hands-on experience and you get paid for it. Cert 3 Horticulture will also provide you necessary knowledge and experience.
TAFE Horticulture CERT 3
Educube can help you in this regard as it has years of experience in this sector. You can also get this qualification through the TAFE horticulture course or via Educube Pty Ltd. Horticulture apprenticeship takes 2 years to complete. By the end of horticulture apprenticeship training, you become a qualified structural landscaper with horticultural knowledge alongside experienced horticulturists with hands-on experience, and you get paid for it. In addition, you will get practical knowledge of RHS gardens. Cert 3 Horticulture will also provide you necessary knowledge and experience.
Diploma in Horticulture
After Cert 3 Horticulture, you can advance your carrier by doing certificate IV in Horticulture or Diploma of Horticulture. Interested candidates get a diploma in horticulture. As a part of their course, they learn about seed production, remote sensing, medicinal and aromatic plants, and the processing of horticulture crops. In addition, they study the process involved in the irrigation of plants and crops. For 2022, the entire course of Cert 3 horticulture costs $12530.
Diploma in Horticulture Online
You can personalize your Horticulture diploma course according to your professional goals. Experts teach about horticulture courses online so that you can enjoy your course on your own time from anywhere. To be a part of the Diploma in Horticulture course-
- First, select your course to be certified.
- After filling in your billing details, pay by your following comfortable options: debit/credit card, Google Pay, Wallet, etc.
- After payment, you will get your necessary study materials and an online examination link.
- After finishing your course, you need to give an online examination.
- After that, we can 7 days you will get your diploma certificate soft copy. After that, you will get your heart copy within 30 days with a seal and sign.
- You can receive promising job opportunities in your interested area.
Certificate III in Horticulture Online
A certificate in horticulture opens up many opportunities in the future. You can get started yourself if you are interested in certificate III in Horticulture online. For general interest, you can check online books, blogs, etc. You will get to learn some practical tips for working in a garden. If you are interested in building a career in horticulture, take some cert 3 horticulture online classes to get started. After doing a certificate 3 horticulture, you can be a gardener, landscaper, or horticulturist.